Saturday, May 7, 2011

BP3_iGoogle Screen Shots

As my days get more "to do" intensive, I find myself de-cluttering my mind and my lists often. The idea of having all of your ducks in one place seems logical and just plain smart. Initially when I first created my iGoogle home page I found myself using the box of links and my gmail gadget the most. Over the past two months my tool kit, my interests, and my self learning has expanded. So, now its time to update the iGoogle page. I found that gadgets were easily searched and found. I added my new tools, links, social networking sites, etc., all for a clearer visual to my next task or interest.  I can truly wrap my head around using the iGoogle page as my "gateway" to the world wide web everyday.
My first iGoogle home landing page.

It's so simple to use as your home landing page. Go to the preferences tab on your browser, I use Safari, and put the direct link to your iGoogle page there. Now every time I turn on my computer and open Safari, it opens automatically. Yeah Google!


I added multiple "Box of Links" and renaming them to help direct me quickly. For example: I have an FSO tab for all things related to Full Sail Online. A CBR tab for all things related to my Challenge Based Research Project. A ETC tab for all things related to current month's course. I also have a tab for Tools on the web. Finally a tab for the Professional me.

1 comment:

  1. I can tell that you're going to get a lot of use out of your new iGoogle pages already. Your home page is jam-packed with some great resources, and the rest of the pages look really well laid out too. Another great creation!

    ReplyDelete